SOS Online Backup when used with UltraSafe complies with the record backup requirement and privacy requirements of HIPAA. No additional contract is required with SOS.
SARBANES-OXLEY and other auditing standards
SOS Online Backup when used with UltraSafe meets all SEC and similar regulatory standards.
|SAS 70 Type II and SSAE 16
SOS datacenters are SAS 70 Type II and SSAE 16 audited.
HIPAA Compliance using SOS Online Backup
The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) was the result of efforts by the federal government to ensure healthcare data practices permitted ease for patients to transfer their private health information when changing jobs, insurance and healthcare providers.
As defined by 45 CFR §164.312 of HHS’ HIPAA, SOS Online Backup assists healthcare providers to be HIPAA compliant in the following ways:
- SOS Online Backup, in all cases, creates, receives and transmits only encrypted data. SOS uses a three-tiered AES encryption system which encrypts data on the user’s computer, again in transit and finally when at rest in storage at SOS’s datacenters.
- This data cannot be read while in transit, or even on the SOS servers, (provided the user/health care provider does not compromise the password).
- SOS servers are located in a SAS 70 II datacenters protected by gated access, 24 x 7 x 365 on-site staffed security and technicians, electronic card key access, and strategically placed security cameras both inside and outside the building.
- SOS Online Backup is an automated offsite backup and protects data against hardware malfunction, accidental deletion, virus attacks, theft and natural disasters.
- SOS’s Ultrasafe feature allows the user (health care provider) to store their data securely such that no one – including SOS engineers will be able to access their data.
For more information, visit www.sosonlinebackup.com