The SOS Cloud
Help and Support
We have lots of support and help available!
We stand behind our product with a 30-day, money-back guarantee.
If you have any issues after 30-days, we’ll always take a case-by-case look.
Here’s why the new SOS is the best offer on Earth.
|Lowest Price Available||
|(Based on Personal Plus plan)|
|Infinite Cloud Storage|
|Archiving & Retention||Infinite & Unlimited||30 days||30 days|
|Version History||Infinite & Unlimited||Up to 12 versions|
for only 30 days
|Up to 30 version|
for only 30 days
|Use of Third-Party Cloud Storage||No, all SOS-owned||No Information Available||No Information Available|
|Customer-Defined Encryption Key|
|Encryption Prior to Backup||Android Only||No Information Available|
|Access Files in the Cloud|
|iOS Backup (iPhone/iPad)|
OTHER OPTIONS & FEATURES
|File/Folder Backup to External Drive|
|Automatic Video Backup||Videos must be added manually|
|External/Network Drive + NAS Support||Any & All Drives & Volumes||Windows Only, No Network |
Drives, Flash Drives
or SD Cards
|Auto File Size Limit||None||4 GB||None|
|File Type Limit||None||Auto video backup|
only with upgraded plan
Apps & Software
- Windows XP, Vista, 7 and 8 Pro (32/64-bit) [20 MB]
- Windows Server 2003, 2008 and Small Business Server [20 MB]
- Mac OS X 10.8 and up
for SOS 3.1 [2 MB]
- Mac OS X 10.6 and up
for SOS 2.4[2 MB]
- Android 2.2 and up [2 MB]
- iOS 6.0 and up [2 MB]
- Linux volumes supported by network-mapping to a PC or Mac. SOS for Windows includes “Add Network Location” option.
Encryption & Security
- Unique-per-user 256-bit AES encryption prior to backup.
- UltraSafe MAX (optional) accounts use a unique, user-defined, encryption key that is NEVER stored in the SOS cloud. Access cannot be restored if account credentials are lost.
- SSL optional. (set in Preferences)
- Unique-per-user 256-bit AES encryption at rest in the cloud.
- UltraSafe MAX is configured on first-time backup with SOS for Windows. UltraSafe MAX can be used on both Windows and Mac (mobile support coming soon). Due to the high security of UltraSafe MAX files cannot be recovered via a web browser but must be recovered with SOS for Windows or Mac.
- All Personal and Family customers have infinite storage in the SOS cloud.
- ForeverSave File Retention: Files deleted from the local source (computer/hard drive/etc.) will remain in cloud indefinitely.
- ForeverSave Version History: Each and every past version of every past backup is kept.
- File Size Limit: None
- File Type Limit: None
- Number of Files Limit: None
Mobile Access & Backup
- SOS for Android: Backup based on a schedule, backup whenever plugged into power, backup only via WiFi to save cellular bandwidth, protect all files including apps, music, video, pictures and files on expandable SD storage. Access and download any supported file from your cloud.
- SOS for iOS: Backup contacts and photos in the Camera Roll. Due to limitations by Apple, the app cannot automatically backup or access media files such as music and video. Access and open any supported file from your cloud.
- Smart Scanner: SOS will automatically scan for important and common file types including images, music, video and documents.
- External Hard Drives, NAS, Network Volumes: SOS can protect external hard drives/network volumes with no extra charge or plan upgrade.
- Local Backup: SOS for Windows can create a local backup onto an external hard drive/network volume.